At five past midnight I accidently tipped over a salt shaker and spilled the salt. I hope this isn't a bad omen (to be honest, I'm not really superstitious) but I tossed the spilled salt over my shoulder just to be safe. No sense in tempting fate, right?
Tony interviewed for a job with Unicel/Verizon yesterday. We're crossing all fingers and toes that they call him tomorrow because the training class starts on Monday. (If we don't get a call tomorrow then it's safe to assume they won't be calling.) The starting pay is decent and I know he'll have no problem making it past their 90 day probation period and getting hired on permanently. (This will mean a pay increase and benefits. Guess what Verizon medical insurance covers? Yep, infertility treatment.)
2008 was pretty sucktastic overall, and I'm hoping that 2009 will be different. Mostly I am going to focus on certain things: getting healthy physically and mentally (the latter involves getting stable on meds that work); seeing my SSDI claim through to the end. I don't really have any other plans for this new year. I just want this to be a year for good change.
Just let me cautiously toe the waters' edge for a while before I jump in. No sense in being hasty.
Thursday, January 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment