I got my letter from the SSA today. As expected, my disability claim has been denied. Today I will spend the rest of my afternoon searching for the perfect disability attorney. I'm going to fight the decision, obviously, though I can't say that I'm looking forward to it.
The appeals process is, apparently, very lengthy. Everywhere I've searched online says an average of 6 - 12 months before a hearing date is even set. I love how our government puts people in need out and gives handouts to people that, say, can't figure out how to use a condom and need welfare to support their seven children.
There is but one thing I can do to potentially speed up the appeals process and that is write (or have my attorney write) a letter of dire need. According to disabilitysecrets.com dire need involves financial difficulty (unable to pay rent/mortgage, utilities, and the like) -- things of that nature. I am not sure how "dire" they will see our situation. Does living in a garage (and potentially becoming homeless if the folks who own said garage PCS in six months) sound dire enough to you??
Did I mention our government SUCKS big, fat, hairy donkey balls?!?
Monday, January 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Ugh. I hope everything works for you somehow.
Blach. What a schlepp. The whole thing totally sucks. I'm so sorry you have to go through hell just to get what a moral democratic government should offer someone in your situation. Let's hope some things in this arena start to see big changes...
Post a Comment