Monday, December 29, 2008

echoes from a hollow disarray

Oh 2008. You have definitely left me worse for the wear. Too many blind curves and sudden stops on shoddy breaks. Failures and disappointments. Too, too many steps in the wrong direction.

I am just oh-so-tired.

With all the shit that's been thrown at me during 2008, I'm not so sure that I'm ready to take on a new year. I don't know if I can handle being stabbed repeatedly by a fresh new year. I've become accustomed to the violent stabs from 2008 that they feel nothing more than pin pricks anymore. A fresh new year means fresh new wounds and pain and fear and doubt and and and...

I am just not ready.

I think in an attempt to feel well adjusted in this maladjusted existance I will ring in the new year with Chocolate Martinis. (Or Caramel Appletinis... whichever I can procure all the ingredients for easier.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I stumbled upon your blog by mere accident, but your writings have intrigued me... I understand your concerns for beginning a new year. I too have had a very hard year, especially these last few months, and I am scared to death of a repeat in the year to come. But I guess I just have to look at it as though maybe, just maybe, things might be different this time... Expect the worse so I'm not disappointed, but hope for the best... is that even possible?

www.thewhatsername.blogspot.com

Babe* said...

M'mmm Chocolate Martini's sound yummy!

I hope 2009 brings you happiness.