Tuesday, January 13, 2009

successes and failures

Failures:

  • I woke up with a slight headache and feeling generally unmotivated; blah; exhausted.

  • I left a box of Reese's Puffs cereal by the couch last night and woke up around 1:00 and was entirely too sleepy to make full use of my willpower.

  • I ate more than was necessary at lunch; especially since I ate a good breakfast. (Surely the chicken salad sandwich was enough; no need for the three barbecue chicken tenders afterwards.)

  • I ate dinner (albeit a 'measley' 300 calorie Healthy Choice frozen meal) at quarter to 8:00.

  • I had a few pieces of candy (damn my mom for having a bowl of conversation hearts!) and one peanut butter sandwich cookie.

  • I drank less than a liter of water today (but managed to drink two Pepsi Max).

  • My shins are positively killing me because I have not been walking in a proper pair of shoes.

  • I have ANOTHER earache!!! (That's one a month for the past four months; but who's counting?)



Successes:

  • Though I didn't get up as early as I did yesterday I still got up despite wanting to stay curled up in bed. Badly.

  • I walked [roughly] three miles in about 50 minutes!

  • I came home from walking and realized that the headache I woke up with was no more!

  • I have felt remarkably energized most of the day.

  • I turned down the Hershey's White Chocolate Chips (which are positively divine) when my sister flashed them at me.

  • My mom gave me a pair of walking shoes that are designed specifically for flat feet. I'm looking forward to trying them out tomorrow!

  • The pain in my ear isn't severe (yet) and I have some leftover Lortab to deal with it tonight. And the heating pad seems to help, too.



I will do better tomorrow.

0 comments: