Saturday, January 10, 2009

[squeeeee!]

I've obsessively checked eBay on a daily basis (usually more than once a day) for the Urban Decay Book of Shadows palette since Sephora stopped carrying it. Unfortunately, not many sellers offered the Buy it Now option because it's such a hot item and people bid on it like CRAZY. It sold for $45 at Sephora and it's now selling on eBay for almost three times its original cost! People are making a killing!

Today, I did my usual scan and found an auction ending in five hours. The price was at a reasonable $55. So I watched it like a hawk all afternoon. With an hour left to go there were only five bids and the price was only up to $65. With 30 seconds to go (yep, I'm one of those eBayers...[snicker]) I placed my proxy bid and won the item. I know I'm paying more than what it's truly worth but I have been so desperate for this palette! The colors I'm most interested in are Mayhem and Absinthe. I can't wait until it arrives! (And it should arrive quickly because the seller is in Gulfport, MS which isn't very far from me.)

Hooray!

2 comments:

Monica said...

I'm one of those kinds of E-Bayers too. I'm glad you are finally getting your hands on that. I love seeing all your eyeshadow pics & I'm so jealous of you. It's so pretty!!

Steph said...

Woohoo! Congrats!