Wednesday, January 14, 2009

really starting to like 2009

At lunch today, The Monkey told me that after his training class with Verizon, he is going to give up smoking. We have been married almost five years and he's only quit smoking once for about two months. But this time it is his decision, not mine. I could hardly believe my ears when he told me! Verizon offers really kick-ass medical insurance and if they hire him on from Manpower in 90 days he will have a chance to pick up said insurance. Our friend B informed me on Monday that non-smokers get a discount worth $620 a year on their premium. When I told Tony, I guess he started thinking and decided that $620 extra dollars a year is worth kicking the habit. He just has to be smoke free for two months prior to signing up to get the discount.

I'm so excited about this that I am actually crying. Now I'm going to have to scour the Internet for tips and tricks to help him stick with it. But I think he's over the first hurdle which was the desire to quit. Now that we've passed that, I'm hopeful that it'll be all downhill from there.

1 comments:

RB said...

That's great news! Not only will you save $620, but plus you'll save all the money spent on buying the cigs!