Wednesday, January 28, 2009

techno-geek in the making

Since our current wireless provider was bought out by Verizon, we had to switch over our existing phones and wireless plans to Verizon in order to remain 'compatible' with the network. I've been looking forward to the switch for ages! The other day The Monkey and I went to the store and talked about getting everything switched and picked out our phones. I was going to go with the NV2 at first but then I saw the Dare (touch screen!) and was all wide-eyed like a kid in a candy store. They let me fool around with the Dare for a few minutes so I tried to type a quick text message on the touch screen keyboard. 'Hello' came out 'Heklo' so I 86'd that decision. The Voyager, however, is a hybrid of the NV2 and the Dare. It has the front touch screen but flips up to reveal a full QWERTY keyboard to use for texting, email, etc etc. So The Monkey and I both got one. So I bid my Motorola V3i Razr farewell and gave it to my niece as a means of entertainment. She is absolutely enthralled. I'm melting from cuteness overload!

I have been doing very well with my exercise. I've walked three miles every day for almost two weeks and I have no intention of quitting. We're actually close to walking four miles instead of three. I think we'll pick up the pace next week. My clothes already feel more comfortable and I've lost four pounds that I am confident is not just water weight. I hate that weight comes off of me so slowly but at least it is coming off. Oh, and my calves feel quite a bit 'bulkier' than they did a few weeks ago but I noticed it right after we were done walking so it may have been a fluke. I need to work in some strength training at some point. I'm contemplating Yoga or Pilates. I really wish we had Wii Fitness! :P

Also, our newest edition came home from the vet yesterday. She is recovering from her surgery well. My sister has a monsterous kennel for her dog (Hungarian lab) that she's letting us use. We put a fluffy blanket in the bottom and a smallish litter box for her paper litter. Even with the box in there she has plenty of room. She is resting comfortably but looks pretty pitiful. Poor baby! We'll let her out of the kennel tomorrow. I just want her to get the hang of using the paper litter before we do. I'm so glad the surgery is over with. No more being jolted awake at 3:00 AM by incessant caterwauling. Yesterday I gave her some tuna as a 'peace' offering. She purrs every time I sit and pet her so she must be doing just fine. The other cats are a bit perturbed by her condition, though. I assured them that we babied them just as much when they got fixed. Silly fe-lions.

0 comments: