Monday, December 17, 2007

the curse of the oompa loompa

If you've ever seen Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory (the original) you remember Veruca Salt and her demanding nature. "But I want an Oompa Loompa now!" This line spawned what one of my friends calls Oompa Loompa syndrome. Simply not having the patience to wait on what you want.

I can't really say I have Oompa Loompa syndrome when it comes to TTC. After all, I've been 4 years and 8 months worth of patient, haven't I? But I find myself growing increasingly impatient these days. I want my BFP and I want it NOW.

It doesn't look like Christmas is going to be extra special this year. I took a dollar tree test and an Answer early result and both were stark white. Foiled again. Ok, ok... I'm only 9 DPO and that gives me a few more days to get my BFP. I'm not expecting any miracles, though. If I do get a BFP, I'll print this entry out and eat my words. Literally.

So I guess now the thing to do is take a look at our finances and start planning for an IUI in January. One trip to Birmingham and probably two trips to Montgomery. I'm not looking forward to it so I really hope it works the first time around.

Of course, all of this is barring my RE doesn't find anything unusual on my SHG. If she does, then another lap/hysteroscopy is in order. :-/

3 comments:

Me said...

"If I do get a BFP, I'll print this entry out and eat my words. Literally."

Oh I am SO going to hold you to that!

Carissa said...

Still feeling really hopeful for you!

Steph said...

Positive vibes. Sorry about the bfn. I still have hope for you though.