Thursday, December 6, 2007

and we're at a GO

I woke up early yesterday morning in preparation for my appointment in Montgomery. Around 7:30 I got a call from my RE's office saying that the SHG I had scheduled in Montgomery for 10:30 was actually supposed to be done in Birmingham. After some fanagling and a quick call to the boss, I was on my way.

I'm glad I listen to my instinct, though. I decided to stop in the Montgomery office to have my bloodwork done. If I don't get blood drawn before 10:00 AM I don't get same day results. Since I wasn't going to make it to Birmingham by 10:00, I figured it wouldn't hurt to stop in Montgomery. Besides, I was running really early for my 12:15 appointment anyway.

Wouldn't you know, for the first time EVER, I had two follies that were close enough to being ready that they canceled my SHG and told me to do one more night of Follistim (last night) and my trigger the following night (today).

Basically - I get cake, sex, and a shot in my ass for my birthday! Oh what fun. I am excited, though. The nurse said my follies looked great and my lining was fantastic (14mm, fluffy, triple layer)!

So here's hoping that cake + birthday sex = baby nine months later.

P.S. I hate the 2ww.

3 comments:

Holly said...

Hey! i found your blog when i clicked on "alabama." i just wanted to tell you good luck with your TTC. I know it must be aggravating, hopefully you will be blessed with a little bundle soon :) have a good day!

Monica said...

That's so awesome. I hope that combo gets you a sweet baby. Have a happy birthday & go make a baby. BTW, I'm jealous, I've always had a triple lining, but never 14mm. Things are def. looking up this cycle.

Babe* said...

Cake and baby batter all in one night!! I've got my fingers crossed that something positive comes from that.