It really and truly is not my fault that The Monkey and I got hitched on tax day. It just so happens that we officially started dating on April 14th and I wanted to get married a year to the day that we'd started dating. But when I called to schedule our "ceremony" I was told that the judge wouldn't be in that day. So they scheduled me for the 15th. And now we have two anniversaries the more "recognized" of which happens to fall on tax day. [eyeroll]
But oh well.
My Monkey is good to me. He makes me happy even if I'm not capable of feeling the happiness he brings me all of the time due to my stupid brain cooties. He is the reason for my existance, though. He's not particularly romantic so I wasn't expecting today to be any different than any other day. After all, I got what I wanted as an anniversary gift already. (It's on its way; Walmart.com says it should be here by the end of next week. [squee!]) And I bought The Monkey his MP3 player last week as his gift. I wasn't expecting anything else. We never do anything particularly special for one another on our anniversary. We usually resign to a nice, usually sushi, dinner out and a good happy anniversary romp later. :P But this year he surprised me. (Which was nice being it's our fifth and all.) He came home for lunch and said he was working until six even though Banana gave him a choice of working an hour overtime or going home early. I was okay with it because we didn't have any plans for tonight anyway. So imagine my surprise when he walks in the door at just after 6:00 with yellow roses, chocolate, and a card in tow. [melt] He said he got me yellow roses because yellow is my favorite color. He didn't think I needed red because, well, I already knows he loves me. :P The card, though... the card was the BEST.
Just an FYI, The Monkey has a fantastic sense of humor. It's one of the biggest things that made me fall for him. Every time he picked me up for work or after work or came over to see me he had a new joke to tell me. And he makes me laugh more often than anyone in my life ever has. So it came as no surprise that the card was funny. But my GAWD it wasn't just funny it was funny with meaning.
Front:
To my wife on our anniversary...
You're my lover...
my pal...
my therapist...
my coach...
my teacher...
my playmate...
Inside:
...and my very best friend.
And I'm madly in love with each and every one of you!
Happy Anniversary!
I nearly fell out laughing! :P
He was supposed to be off tomorrow but they gave him the option of getting Saturday off instead and he took it, of course. So instead of doing something tomorrow we're planning on having our dinner on Saturday followed by going to see Fast & Furious at the theater. Hoorah!



2 comments:
Happy 5th anniversary! :) Hope you have a blast this weekend celebrating :)
That is pretty cute. Happy Anniversary.
Our Anni happens to be on Halloween, which is a good thing because otherwise we would never remember it.
Post a Comment