Tuesday, April 7, 2009

10 is a nice even number anyhow

So after "invading" my sister's space (read: living in her actual house) for the past 10 days, we (my sister, Tony, and I) buckled down this afternoon and got the garage all put back together. There's something to be said about a bit of real spring cleaning. The garage isn't lit particularly well so it was a bit of a shock to see just how many cobwebs we'd grown in the past [almost] year. Yikes! Thankfully, we purchased R2D2's look-alike in shop-vac form when it flooded and we were able to use it to suck up all the big bits of ceiling panel and all the cobwebs and various other yuk that has escaped out attention due to the profuse lack of light. (The garage has two windows but Tony and I keep them curtained most of the time. The extra lighting came from opening one of the two garage doors, which were caulked tightly shut, to allow the standing water a means of escape.)

It took us about four hours to get everything finished. Our sofa is particularly heavy because it is a double reclining sofa and I managed to pull something while helping my sister move the damn thing. Now my lower back KILLS. I'll be a Flexeril poppin' fool for the next few days, I'm sure.

At any rate it was completely worth it. We are now comfortable, once again, comfortable in our own personal space. Tony won't have to sleep on an air mattress anymore and I can go back to sleeping on my couch. :P Also I am back on my computer and my TV. And the cats are no longer able to bully my sister's dog. Plus it's nice to have reorganized everything and vacuumed every square inch of this small living space. Oh! Plus! I put up all the new ceiling panels that we bought a month ago so no more gaping holes in the drop ceiling. Hooray!

So now I'm going to go stretch out my aching lower back, pop a muscle relaxer, and munch on a bit of my Crème Brûlée chocolate bar and hopefully pass out rather quickly from sheer exhaustion.

More later this week on therapy and meds and other things pertaining to my mental health. And also our weekend excursion to the movie theater with my niece and nephew and my niece's friend to see Monsters vs. Aliens in 3D.

1 comments:

Me said...

Glad you're back in your comfy space!