I think I like going to the Drive-In better than a regular theater. It's loads cheaper for starters. We spent less than $30 to get in, get popcorn and drinks; we cheated and bough candy at Walmart, though, but that is included in the under $30 quote. Not to mention they run double features so we got to see two movies for a $1.00 less a head that it costs to get in the theater. Both movies were pretty good. Fast & Furious turned out to be a prequel to The Fast & The Furious: Tokyo Drift which neither of us knew. That didn't take away from the movie, though. What The Monkey and I didn't like was the fact that this particular adaptation of the series was not at all like the others. It simply wasn't all about the cars and the street racing. Which was a bit of a let down because that's the reason we both like those movies. Fast cars and crazy driving make us foam at the mouth. :P The second movie, The Last House on the Left was okay, I guess. Worth sitting through just because we could. I wouldn't have paid extra to see it, though. It was fun cheering on the good guys because they completely got revenge on the bad guys. Wes Craven and Co. lose MAJOR kudos, however, for a ridiculously long and obscene rape scene, though. I mean, really. The implication that the girl was going to be raped was plenty for the story line. Did we actually have to see the rest of the brutality. It truly disgusted me and I was glad when the girl's father exacted a nice brutal revenge on her attacker.
Next up on the box office MUST SEE list for The Monkey and me: Harry Potter & The Half Blood Prince and Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen both coming out in July. Despite it being such a better deal to see movies at the Drive-In we will most likely see both of these movies in the actual theater. Because Transformers (the first one) was so freaking kick ass in Dolby Digital Surround Sound and we'll likely drag the kiddos with us to see Harry Potter. I did promise them after all. :)
Now I'm going to go join The Monkey on the couch and listen to him quote The Matrix (which happens to be on TNT right this very moment) and hopefully fall asleep rather quickly. After tonight's indulgence I will definitely need to get out and walk on Monday. I haven't gained more than a few pounds in the two weeks I haven't walked but I certainly haven't lost any either. I'm falling behind schedule! Simply intolerable.
Sunday, April 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment