Thursday, April 9, 2009

finally! a NEW horsey!

Provided everything checks out with the medication assistance program through SCAMH I will be off the Lithium and on to Lamictal. FINALLY. Now to wish/hope/pray that I don't get The Rash with the Lamictal and that it will actually help curb my mood swings without making my personality completely flat. Plus, Lamictal has been dubbed "weight neutral" so hopefully weight loss will start coming a little easier when I stop the Lithium. Hopefully.

Mostly I'm just thrilled to be trying something new and different. Because with new and different comes the hope that this med cocktail might actually work and keep my mood swings at bay.

We shall see.

3 comments:

Me said...

Congrats!

And I love your title!

Anonymous said...

Not that it counts much, but I really like Lamictal- no side effects, no flat mood. My current drug cocktail actually seems to be working *most* the time.

I hope the Lamictal works really well for you! (hugs)

crazy horse said...

ohhh, good luck liss. i hope it works for you!!