Tuesday, March 11, 2008

another diagnosis

This morning my RE called and told me that my TSH is elevated. They are starting me on Synthroid immediately. It wasn't terribly bad, just slightly above normal (somewhere just over 3.0), but they treat anyone 3.0 and above so lucky me.

This is not a bad diagnosis, in fact, I'm pleased. Lately my weight loss efforts have been thwarted on every turn. In the past, I could diet (cut calories) and lose weight fairly easily. Granted it was never much weight (10 lbs or so) but it came off rather easily when I put my mind to it. So recently I started walking and cutting back on my calories and I maybe lost three or four pounds. The thought "muscle weighs more than fat" came to mind but my clothes weren't fitting any differently, either. It's nice to know that my thyroid could be the culprit. I guess we'll see. I start Synthroid today and am hoping that I see results rather quickly.

In other news... only three days left until surgery! Hoorah!

1 comments:

Me said...

"In other news... only three days left until surgery! Hoorah!"

I don't know whether to laugh or cry! But I feel ya!