I woke up at 2:00 AM yesterday (er.. today?) surprised to find my mom still wide awake and making bracelets. I sat for a moment and talked to her, put on the bracelet she made me, gave her a kiss and went back to bed. She was looking for her kitty Cupcake as I curled back up next to The Monkey.
I'm not sure how long it was... but she came into our room crying and said "Melissa Cupcake is dead."
Today was a very rough day. She had to have been dead a couple of hours because she was already cold and stiff. I couldn't look. My sister came this morning and wrapped her up in a quilt and we took her to the vet to be cremated. She was sick but she tried so hard to get better. Michele said she was tired. And she stuck around long enough to make sure we were going to be okay. She was such a sweetheart and we miss her so much. I'm looking around at our other animals and I just have this wave of unending love and appreciation. Cupcake was only five. :'(
Thursday, September 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Oh Liss, I am so sad for you guys. Sending hugs. x
I am so sorry. (hugs)
I'm so sorry for your loss. *hugs*
Post a Comment