Saturday, March 21, 2009

over the first [hairy] hurdle

So, I've decided, firmly, on my color. I don't want a bunch of highlights as they tend to fade out to a sort of brassy, gross color. But I did want to make my hair color different. So this is what I've decided on:



I really dig the two-tone look. It's funky but not over-the-top wild and crazy. Plus, avoiding the highlight scenario will allow me to do coloring at home in the future when the mood for change [inevitably] strikes again and I don't have the money (or time or motivation or or or) to take my butt back to the salon. I'll be going with a shade pretty similar to what's on the bottom and a bit of a darker auburn shade on top. No need for screamingly loud [dark] roots. ;)

Still on the fence about the cut. I'm pretty sure that I'll wind up going in there and telling her my stipulations about my new style and then just let her have her way with me. That's almost always what I normally do. So basically I'm looking at getting my hair relayered. Long layers, though. None of that short, choppy stuff. That's what I'm trying to get away from. And I also need to let her know that I want to be able to put it in a ponytail (as per "orders" from Banana so I don't punk out on walking because "my hair is too hot" -- boy does she know me or what??) and I want to be able to wear it stick straight or wavy/natural interchangably.

(It would be much easier if my stylist was local but Banana introduced me to her mom's mad hairstyling skills for my birthday in 2004 as a present. Ever since then I just can't force myself to go to another salon/stylist. She is simply the only person on the face of this earth that I entrust completely with my 'do. The downside is that she is about 30 miles away. Meh.)

Random side note: I saw a girl at Fun Zone today that looked just like Kristen Stewart. No, really. My sister started to ask her "Has anyone ever told you that you look just like that one actress..." and before she could finish the girl said "Kristen Stewart? Yeah. At least three times a day." :P

Now I am off to watch Twilight with my sister and my niece.

1 comments:

Panamahat said...

Funky! I love the idea!