Wednesday, March 25, 2009

a carefully weighted update

Trucking along at a very slow speed with the weight loss thing. I've been taking the Slimquick for a few days now and I can definitely see a difference in my energy levels. Also in my water retention. Omigosh that has improved tenfold at least. I skipped weighing myself for a few days but I knew I had to have dropped a pound or two. The pair of jeans I bought less than two weeks ago are already looser around my waist. (Banana simply said they are too big. Though I beg to differ; all of my pants are, essentially, too big everywhere except the waist. I refuse to buy pants that fit me everywhere else but are too small in the waist. Some people show their muffin tops proudly. NOT THIS CHICK. Which is why I still wear an 18. I could most definitely get into a 16. I'd just rather not showcase my belly fat.)

I've been kind of stuck at 225 for most of this month. Except for the first part of this month when I crept back up the scale to about 228. So I stepped on the scale this morning, naked of course. 223.4! I felt like dancing a jig. I was in the 230s last summer. Last spring, I was, I believe, around 240. (I can only guess I was by looking at pictures of myself from last spring.) All winter I hovered at 240 until January when I started walking. Obviously, something is working.

It's slow goings, of course, thanks to having PCOS, being insulin resistant, and [most likely] having an underactive thyroid. But at least something is happening. Three point four more pounds to lose and I'll be on track to losing around five pounds a month. Which means I should be down to just at 200 pounds by summer time. I'm looking forward to my 16s fitting by then. Though I'm not sure, exactly, what pant size I am at 200 pounds. I haven't been that "small" since...hmm...early 2007? Maybe even as far back as winter 2006. [shrug] It's been a while.

The most thrilling thing of all, I think, was that I could actually get my engagement ring on. It's still a bit snug so I'm not going to start wearing it again just yet. (All it would take would be for me to put on some water weight and the sucker would probably get stuck.) But the fact that I got it on (and back off again) with minimal effort made me smile. Five or ten more pounds and I won't have to worry about it being too tight anymore. I haven't worn my engagement ring in almost a year.

There are other things going on that I should probably blog about soon. More important things, I'm sure. Perhaps another day.

1 comments:

Steph said...

Yay for less water retention! That is such a pain. I retain a lot of water. My weight can go up ten pounds in water if I eat bad and sit for too long.
Whatever you're doing it's working slowly, but surely and at least you know it is something you can keep up with long term.