Monday, March 16, 2009

Rue 21 Rocks My Socks!

Quite literally, actually. I've always had silly clothes fetishes. I have a habit of finding a shirt that I really like and I wind up with that same shirt in five or six different colors. I like to do my very best to match my undies to my outfit. A couple of winters ago I started having trouble wearing my [ankle] boots. Every sock that I tried simply fell down. It was terribly annoying! I tried crew socks, trouser socks, and even ankle socks to no avail. Then, one afternoon while browsing Wal-Mart, I came across knee-socks. You know, Argyle type socks? So I bought a pair and lo and behold they worked. I quickly stocked up and they became a wardrobe staple.

During my Christmas shopping endeavors I came to know Rue 21. I'd never been in this store because from the outside looking in, it just didn't appeal to me. It looked like a store for juniors/skinny people and I didn't feel like torturing myself. When I finally ventured in my assumptions were indeed confirmed but I wound up finding a couple of gifts for my niece and nephew and I discovered the one item of clothing that is almost impossible to find too small.

SOCKS.

Lots of socks. In a wide array of colors and styles. Socks with bright neon rainbow stripes. And stars. And, even better yet, bright neon rainbow stars. I love socks. Even though you don't see them, I like to match them to my outfit. They are fun! I love walking up to my friends, pulling up my pant leg and saying "My socks are SO cooler than your socks!" And they totally are. So now I have a drawer full of knee-socks in various colors and styles. Basically I'm prepared to match my socks to whatever I wear. (Yes, I'll be wearing green socks tomorrow, thankyouverymuch.) I even bought some cute crew socks to wear this spring/summer when I don't feel like wearing flip flops.

Thank goodness I'm married. I'll never have to worry about dating someone that is using me just for my socks! (Hehe... iCarly reference.)

2 comments:

Steph said...

You really should be a kindergarten teacher. I think the kids would love your matchy matchy outfits.

Believe me, socks is the only thing worth buying at Rue 21 anyway. I used to buy some of their cheap clothes when I was broke and they always fell apart within a couple wears.
One time I was wearing a pair of jeans from there and they split right up the ass while I was walking down the street. They weren't even tight!

Me said...

I luvs crazy socks too!