Monday, February 23, 2009

feeling whimsical

When my now 14 year old nephew was 4 we used to sit together and watch Rugrats on Nickelodeon. I remember him yelling for me if I wasn't in front of the TV with him when it came on. (Now he curses and plays Xbox. [eyeroll]) I remember March Madness (or something like that) of 1999 when they released Spongebob Squarepants. It didn't appeal to me until five-ish years later when my two year old nephew took a liking to it. (He's six now and yes, he still watches lots of Spongebob.) Last year when I was going through a particularly hard depression, I spent lots of time on my couch alternating between sleeping and watching lots of Spongebob. So I've grown to love the little yellow square and his IQ-impaired pink friend. (I even have a favorite episode -- Sailor Mouth. [snicker])

For grins, I decided to revamp my LiveJournal User Icons today. I was tired of using dorky pictures of myself. :P So, I did some searching on Photobucket for several and then I made this one on my own:



And, for grins, here is the aforementioned nephew (at around two-ish) watching Spongebob and cracking up...

Click for a good laugh!

0 comments: