Last night my sister treated me to the new Disney Pixar movie Up. We've been joking about the previews for weeks looking at each other at random and hollering 'Squirrel!' My niece asked to see it for her birthday so that's what we did.
I'll admit that I really didn't know what the movie was about, exactly. The previews didn't really give away the plot. Right before we left for the theater I read the synopsis online. It seemed harmless enough.
It was a very cute movie but, holy hell, the first 20 minutes of the movie had me bawling. And it was hard to discretely wipe my eyes with 3D glasses on. Damnit! Even the little Pixar 'short' that they played before the movie made me teary. Curse you Pixar! But, seriously, the movie was good. And I think plenty of my IFer friends will appreciate the sentiment the movie expressed.
I was retelling some of the plot to my mom this afternoon and couldn't even get all the way through it without bawling again. Meh.
Errgh. Only 42 more days until we go up north. While I'm thoroughly excited, I am worried that we won't have the money. I am really praying that The Monkey gets a bonus. We have to renew our tags in July. I think I am going to have to take my sister's advice and call in and ask our bank about foregoing our car payment for July. Surely they will oblige? I mean, I only have six payments left (I financed the car for five years) and I've never missed a payment in that entire time. The same thing goes for The Monkey's car. If we are able to do that for the month of July we'll have an extra $400 for the month which we can put toward our tags and we won't be so strapped for money.
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
I really want to see that movie but I'm not sure it would be wise for me to see it in the theatre.
I think the bank might be willing to humour you. For a price.
Post a Comment