I haven't been updating lately because there's really not much to say. The Monkey changed shifts last week and is now working 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM. We are both thrilled with his new schedule as it's going to be permanent. He still has to work weekends, though. But only every third so we're not complaining. He's really enjoying his job and if only Verizon would hire him on permanently we'd be golden. Banana seems to think it'll be by the end of this month so we shall see. He's also been working overtime the past week and a half which is good for the bank account, of course. However that also means that I don't see much of The Monkey. He leaves before I get up and then he comes home and goes to bed a helluva lot earlier than he used to. But oh well. I really can't (and won't) complain.
My weight loss has stalled due to a persistent lack of exercise. I haven't walked in over a month! Shame on me. Thankfully I haven't gained any weight. I'm holding steady right at about 224. However, I need to get on the ball and lose lose lose because something fantastic has transpired and I need to lose at least 24 pounds by August.
A few days ago my oldest sister (the one in Pennsylvania) sent my sister (the one I live with) a text message. Our [biological] dad is turning 60 this August (!!) and our step-mom is throwing him a surprise 60th birthday bash. She really wants Michelle and me to attend. It would be a HUGE surprise to our dad. He hasn't seen Michelle since they moved down to Alabama and he hasn't seen me since we visited in '99 -- 10 whole years! Not to mention it'll be the first time my dad will see all four of us (my sisters, my brother, and I) together since I was four. (When I visited them in '99 my brother never came around to see us.) Michelle wants to get pictures done while we're there which we can then surprise my mom with when we come home. Needless to say, it would be HARD to top this "birthday gift" to our dad! This will also mean getting to see aunts, uncles, and cousins that I haven't seen since I was a wee one and some that I've never actually met! (Or maybe I have met them but was so young that I have no recollection of it.)
I'm pretty stoked. It'll probably mean that I won't be going down to Panama City for a weekend in July but it's a well worth it sacrifice.
In other and equally uninteresting news, I've developed a case of tennis elbow. I can barely lift a box fan because it involves gripping. Brushing my teeth hurts. I hope it passes quickly.
Saturday, May 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Ooooh, that is something worthy of motivation. Sounds fun. Are you nervous?
Tennis elbow sucks. All last summer and fall I could barely move my arm. It is still weak and sensitive. I can barely do one girl push up before the elbow pain takes over.
I'm a little nervous. I haven't had much interaction with "that side" of my family over the years. Seeing them has always been a little awkward because it's like meeting complete strangers that you happen to be related to. Only instead of it being distant cousins, they are people that are quite directly related to me.
The best part about seeing them, though, are the stories. I love when family tells me stories of when I was a child because I have so very little recollection of my childhood. Everything from about age 12 and earlier is pretty scarce. Mostly it's blank. Even my teen years are fuzzy/hazy.
Post a Comment