Once a month the call center does something called "Wacky Wednesday" for the employees. I guess something to boost morale and keep things light and fun. The Monkey never really gets into it much. For Pirate Day he wore a bandana on his head and a big hoop earing. But that was about it. Each month a different supervisor is in charge of planning and executing the festivities. This week it was Banana's (The Monkey's supervisor) turn. Her theme was "Rock & Roll Day" and she asked The Monkey and I to help her out with some of the activities. She needed trivia questions and she planned on bringing in Guitar Hero: World Tour to give the employees some friendly competition. They also do a potluck lunch. The Monkey agreed to bring tortilla chips and nacho cheese dip. (Hey...what do you call cheese that isn't yours? NACHO CHEESE, of course! [dies laughing])
So while The Monkey boned up his Guitar Hero skills last night (ehem...as if he really needed it), I scoured the Internet for 40 rock and roll trivia questions. I have to admit that it was a lot of fun. I found a really cool website that was full of music trivia and mostly used questions from it. Some I came up with on my own, though.
After I dropped off the crockpot FULL of nacho cheese dip, I stopped by to see my mom for a few. She was lounging around in her PJs for her day off. I munched on some leftover cucumber salad and a little bit of potato salad, too. I was pretty thrilled this morning when I stepped on the scale and it said 218! Holy crap! I haven't been eating the best for the past few days so I was expecting to have gained a few pounds, not lost! SWEET! I really do need to get into exercising daily, though. I'm still considering 10 Minute Trainer. Or possibly The Biggest Loser DVDs. We shall see.
Only a few more days before The Monkey is officially a Verizon employee! I'm VERY excited and so is he!
In other news, I am still having trouble with my stupid elbow. Now, instead of being sharp pain, it's a dull ache. It's really noticable when I try to lift things and at night when I'm trying to sleep. I should probably take Ibuprofen daily but I hate taking NSAIDs like that. Because they're so bad for your stomach and can be dangerous for your heart.
I saw my new therapist yesterday. The 'therapy' they give is not really therapy, though. It's more like a pdoc appointment except it's not with a pdoc. Then when I go see the pdoc my appointments last all of five minutes and only go over med changes/refills, etc. I'll be SO glad to switch to a new pdoc and therapist. Although I will miss the $5 prescriptions at SCAMH.
Now I am going to go lounge and read Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince for a while. I'm getting ready for the movie in July! VERY excited about it!
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment