Things I Did 10 Years Ago ( 1998 )
- I was still in High School and skipping school a lot to hang out with my dad in the mail room.
- I watched the video of my niece’s birth and cried and cried and cried.
- I worked at American Video and got drunk with my friend (also my boss) after work on Thanksgiving night. My parents had no idea.
- I fell in love with Buffy the Vampire Slayer and become shamelessly obsessed for years.
Things I Did 5 Years Ago ( 2003 )
- In February I went on my very first ski trip to the Dolomites in Italy. I was in transition. I went from living on my own to living with a friend. Skiing was a big part of my transitional period. It sustained me for a while.
- My sister and her family left Germany on March 12th. I was only weeks behind them but it was the hardest thing to kiss them all good-bye. I wouldn’t see them again for almost two years. (Thanks Uncle Sam.)
- On March 21st I flew back to the United States to live permanently after living in Germany for 11 years. It was a big culture shock but I’m well adjusted now. March 21st is also the first day I met the Monkey.
- Sometime around the end of March my mom invited the Monkey over for supper and to the car races in Kinston, AL. A few weeks later (April 14th) the Monkey took me to get my driver’s license. Afterwards, we watched Harry Potter and held hands on the couch. Before he left I grabbed him and kissed him. I knew it was love.
Things I Did Yesterday
- Complained about my job.
- Started the South Beach Diet.
- Hung out at my sister’s house.
- Lost 5 ½ pounds! (Water weight, but still!)
4 Shows I Love To Watch
- How It’s Made
- CSI
- Good Eats
- Family Guy
4 Things I Love To Do
- Shop.
- Hang out with my family.
- Play pool.
- Swim (in the summertime).



2 comments:
And the tagging continues! I loved reading your answers. :)
I didn't know you lived in Germany for that long, you cultured diva you!
Post a Comment