Pregnancy is starting to feel more real every day. It's still surreal in so many ways. Like I still can't picture two babies sleeping next to me or even changing cute little fluffy butts just yet. But I'm starting to get very distinct pokes and prods from the inside and oh man does that help with the reality! The Twinkies were particularly active the day before yesterday and I swear I couldn't stop grinning from ear to ear. Even the sharp groin kicks made me giggle (and those, uh... hurt).
The Monkey and I went and toured the Family Birth Center at the hospital we're going to deliver at. It was wonderful! All of their rooms are birthing suites. No sharing rooms! The Monkey is allowed to stay with me the entire time (overnight and everything!) which is something I had no clue about. (They don't allow that at our local hospital.) Also, you labor, deliver, and recover in the same room. No being shuffled around! The hospital has a low level NICU and capabilities to medevac to a hospital with a higher level NICU if needs be. (But we're not going to NEED a NICU at all, damnit. That's my resolve and I'm sticking to it!) (That, of course, is my hope and prayer... but we asked for the details because we all know that reality can very easily ruin one's plans.)
Before we headed out for the hospital tour we stopped in Target and picked up a couple more of our 'big' baby items. Specifically a swing and two bouncers. I was looking at a different bouncy seat but when The Monkey saw that they had bouncers that matched the swing he talked me into that one. Imagine! The Monkey being the one that wants stuff to match! [insert ironic laughter here]
I think we are nearly done with the big stuff. We bought the car seats. The co sleeper is on its way (I got a fantastic deal!). The nursery is painted. The nursery furniture should be here in a few weeks. We have the bedding and such. And now we have the bouncers and swing. We're waiting to see if we can get a better deal on the stroller we want before jumping into that. I'm trying not to go overboard on buying smaller stuff that will make good baby shower gifts. Clothes are a complete NON-issue. Between the hand-me-downs my sister gave us, the stuff I got on sale at Target, and the stuff my mom and sister "couldn't resist buying," I think we're set for the first few months at least. Oh, and I went a little nutso on cloth diapers so we're pretty good there as well. :P
Now all we need are a couple of adorable little babies! But I am patient and want them to stay right where they are for a minimum of another 15 weeks.
Sunday, March 6, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
I'm so excited! Enjoy this time. It won't be long before you get uncomfortable.
(p.s. Post the blog button entry comment twice so you get both entries :))
Post a Comment