Even though my sister (and several others) think I'm completely out of my head... I really want to cloth diaper the twins. Just thinking about the cost of disposable diapers makes my head spin. Cloth will be more expensive up front but the savings in the long run... get outta town! It's a no brainer. I feel like my sister and the "others" that are frowning at me don't have confidence in me. After 7 1/2 years TTC do they really think that a little poop laundry is going to be bothersome?? I'm a little disappointed that they aren't backing me as much as I'd hoped.
Thankfully I have plenty of friends that cloth diaper (you know who you are!) and they have all been a big, big help. I'm browsing Green Mountain Diapers and watching YouTube videos about prefolds and covers. People make it look incredibly simple. I'm sure there's some learning curve involved but my goodness; surely it can't be much more difficult than all of these people make it look. (There were even a few videos with daddies doing diaper duty!)
So those of you out in my blogosphere... if you cloth diaper and have any tips, tricks, hints... etc. Please share! I think that I'll start primarily with the prefolds and covers and get a couple each of other types and see what we like best.
Also, in case anyone is wondering... the Twinkies are doing great! I had an NT Scan last week and got the results back yesterday. Both babies have a very low risk of trisomies 13, 18, and 21. Good stuff! The ultrasound was a.maz.ing because the babies were just SO active! They really gave mommy and daddy and Aunt Mimi a show. :) I have another appointment this Thursday -- this time with my OB -- and I'm hoping that they'll take a good peek between their legs and maybe we'll get a hint on boys or girls!
Things are just rolling along. Every day that passes feels like a blessing. A huge blessing! I'm really excited but still a bit in shock. I'm kind of ready to start feeling some flutters but we found out at my NT scan that my placenta is anterior so it'll probably be a while before I get to that point.
Tuesday, January 11, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Such awesome news that they are both doing great. Gosh, I can't believe how quickly the time is flying by already!! xx
I didn't feel anything until around 23 weeks really. I also had an anterior placenta.
Glad they are doing well.
Let me know exactly what you are looking for with the diapers. I have several wholesale accounts.
Prefolds are great for the newborn stage simply because they will literally go through 16 dipes a day and prefolds are cheap and easy to clean. Green Mountain Diapers's prefolds are pretty good.
You will want to do the "jelly roll fold" to hold in that explosive newborn poop. Watch a youtube video. lol.
Don't let the nay-sayers bug you. its not like they have any idea what they are talking about. I mean, you throw them in the washer with an extra rinse and you're good to go. How hard is that?
Post a Comment