The further this pregnancy progresses, the more fascinated I become. I still feel like this is an out of body experience. I got so used to watching other people go through what I longed to go through. It's... odd.
Today we went in for our first ultrasound. I am 5w2d so I prepared myself to 'not see much' on the screen. The Monkey was funny. Through all of this, if you can believe it, the man has never been in a room for an ultrasound. So when I promptly went to stripping from the waist down he looked kind of puzzled. As soon as the dildo cam was inserted we immediately saw a round black bubble amidst the seas of gray. After a few more seconds, a tiny white circle inside the black bubble -- the yolk sac. By LMP I am 5w4d (yeah...we all know how accurate that measurement is) but by the measurements she took of the gestational sac, I am 5w2d.
RELIEF.
My beta came back a few hours later. Normally they call and give results (especially if it's bad news) but this time I decided to check my patient voicemail and there was a message waiting. My first beta (12 DPO) was 31.6. Second (16 DPO) was 344. Today's (23 DPO) was 6334. To say I'm excited is an understatement. I am positively elated. This is the furthest we've made it! And things still look good. With every milestone I allow myself to get a teensy more excited. I go back next Monday for a repeat ultrasound and will hopefully get to see a beautiful flicker.
I am still mostly symptom free. Even my boobs don't hurt like they did that first week (when my progesterone was lower -- go figure). No nausea (yet); no aversions. Maybe some "cravings" (mostly I just don't want sweets like I used to; I honestly want savory/salty foods) and definitely having to pee more often (or I'm just hyper aware of it... or not since I'm having to get up in the middle of the night at least once but more often than not it's twice or more).
Monday, November 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Yippee!!!
So wonderful. I am so excited & happy for you. *hugs*
Post a Comment