Wednesday, September 16, 2009

adventures with falsies!

I've been contemplating makeup possibilities for the concert. I mean, when I "dress up" I really like to coordinate things. Oh who am I kidding... you all know me well enough that I LOVE to coordinate even when I'm not dressing up. But special occasions (especially ones so far in advance) allow me the opportunity to experiment and play. Mostly I've been playing with grays with hints of black. But it just hasn't seemed...sharp enough for a heavy metal concert. Even the smokey look seems a bit too tame (if you can believe that). So I decided to throw my inhibition to the wind and experiment with dark, heavy grays and black liner. Also, since dark colors on my lids tend to mask the fact that I actually do have eyelashes, I am going to try out some falsies. Heh.

Tonight I came up with this kind of on a whim. It looks okay, I guess. Definitely closer to what I'm aiming for.



I really dig the false eyelashes. I didn't actually apply them with glue yet, but they fit my eyes perfectly and didn't feel strange at all. If these work out, I think I might try some with glitter.

Tomorrow I am going to try this look:



I really like how she went "outside the box" and put dark in the corners of her eyes and left the middle of her lid neutral. We'll see how I do.

(And just so I don't look like a thief, I found the tutorial here. She is speaking German, though. Too bad I didn't, you know, learn more German while I was living in Germany for 11 years. Oh the shame!)

2 comments:

Monica said...

what kind of falsies did you buy, those look great!!

Lissa said...

And I didn't even have them glued in place in that pic! Hooray! I wore them today and they were more comfortable than I imagined they would be. At first they felt weird but after about an hour I forgot they were there. They did start to come loose after about four hours, but that could be due to my inexperience with them.

I bought them at Walgreens for $3.50. You can wear them several times as long as you take care of them (e.g. put them back in the case). Here are the ones that I bought.

I bought a couple of Halloween pair at Walmart today, too. One set has glitter the other has little gems. We'll see how those turn out.