Friday, December 26, 2008

post-holiday wrap up...

We managed to get everything done on time for Christmas, somehow. I'm amazed that we did because we waited to wrap all the presents until...oh...about 9:30 PM on Christmas Eve. My sister and I didn't make it to bed until 3:00 AM and we were up by 7:00 because of the kids. Christmas day was nice enough. My sister bought me the Love Monkey Webkinz (yay!) and The Monkey his very own pair of slippers (he's been stealing the frilly, girly ones my mom bought me last Christmas). The kids made out like crazy. My oldest nephew especially as he wound up with some new clothes and shoes, a few accessories from The Monkey and me (belt, wallet with a chain, two wrist cuffs), a couple of XBox games, a Wii game, Guitar Hero World Tour for the Xbox, and an electric guitar! Lucky turd. :P As for the presents we gave everyone -- they were a huge hit! My mom was very happy with her eyeshadow and my sis loved her belly rings. Hooray! My dad was tickled to get a new pool cue and the kids all seemed to like their gifts as well. The Monkey got an Auburn sweatshirt from my parents and the slippers from my sister. He's been playing his gift from me for the past few days and is deliriously happy with it (World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King). I haven't tried out my new Urban Decay palette just yet but I'm planning on it this week. There's one color in particular that I'm curious about called Kiddie Pool. It's an 'ocean blue with iridescent glitter' and OH SO pretty. Pictures to follow, I'm sure. I wasn't able to obtain the limited edition Urban Decay Book of Shadows palette and I am thoroughly bummed that I didn't order it online as soon as I came across it. My sister is headed to Dallas for a week and she's going to try to find it in the Sephora stores out that way. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she finds it but not holding my breath. [eyeroll]

We spent Christmas morning opening presents and taking pictures, etc. Then we got dressed and prettied to go to my parents' house for Christmas dinner. Dinner was fantastic, as expected. We had ham, potato salad, macaroni salad, crab salad, baked beans, green bean casserole, butter beans, sweet potatoes, and Ooey Gooey Butter Cake for dessert. Everything was absolutely delicious and I wound up stuffing myself past capacity. Ugh. That's the one really bad thing about the holidays -- too much good food that I absolutely cannot resist. :-/ But oh well. We had quite a few people this year. My cousin showed up with his very pregnant wife. My cousin is unemployed; recently discharged from the Army due to a "personality flaw" or something like that. It's so irritating that the people that seem to "need" children the least are able to have them the easiest. So my holly jolly freaking mood was a bit strained on Christmas day. Can I PUH-LEASE have ONE freaking Christmas where I do not have to deal with someone that is pregnant or has recently given birth?? Yeah, Santa, that's what I want for Christmas 2009. Or I'd like to be pregnant myself, k'thx.

My mood has taken a downward turn, unfortunately. I knew it was inevitable but I was still hoping in the back of my mind that I could maintain the higher levels I've been running on lately. Not so much. The Monkey and I are having lunch with a friend tomorrow. I'm not really looking forward to it because being around this person seems to amplify the negative feelings I have towards myself. It's not this person's fault; it's my own fscked up brain cooties. Quite frankly, just thinking about it puts me in a foul mood. Maybe it's hormones on parade... whatever it is, I just feel shitty. Fat, ugly, and useless. But what else is new? Fucking bipolar.

Bed now. Think later.

2 comments:

Steph said...

Sorry about the lowering mood. Sounds like a nice Christmas. I hate how some people just have this power over us to make us feel bad even if they don't try to. Personal hangups are a bitch.

Me said...

I think pregnant women should be banned from attending the same Xmas gatherings as infertile women.