Bloggity bloggity bloggity...
It seems since we moved in with my mom I have been more motivated to blog. I don't know if it's that I have more to say or just more time to say it. I just find that I feel like sitting down and putting my words down, I guess.
Tomorrow I have a consult for a bankruptcy with the same attorneys that are dealing with my disability case. I am sincerely hoping that they say the outlook is good. According the bit of research I've done online I can easily file Chapter 7 despite all of the new laws that Bush put into place several years ago. The Monkey and I don't even bring in half of the median income for the state of Alabama. And if Mom's mortgage doesn't get dropped low enough she is definitely going to need help keeping up with her bills. My dad's retirement really isn't very much. And her income is barely enough to cover their furniture bill (which is has to pay because she works there) and the utilities. As much as I feel like an utter failure for filing bankruptcy I honestly feel like it is the best route to go at this point. First of all, it will end all of my frivilous spending on credit. Our monthly bills will literally be cut in half, if not more. I can eliminate all of the medical bills I have floating around out there and we can set up payments on the few that The Monkey has out there so we can get those off of his credit. We're not looking at buying vehicles any time soon. Or any other major credit purchases for that matter. Our living situation is ideal. Neither The Monkey nor I mind living with my mom. She is, honestly, the ideal roommate. She doesn't eat much (gastric bypass), she cooks occasionally, she doesn't make a mess and what mess she does make is easy to pick up, she doesn't complain, she enjoys our company, and she can't wait for us to have a baby. :) My only qualm with her is that she STILL hasn't given up smoking. For those of you that pray, I ask that you pray hard that she gives it up soon. One of my biggest worries is that she will get lung cancer. My aunt passed from lung cancer in 2004 and another one of my aunts is strugggling with it now. I watched my aunt deteriorate so quickly in 2004 and I don't know if I could handle watching my mom go through that. And I really can't imagine not having her around to watch my children grow up. It brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it. She gave up drinking and recreational drugs (marijuana) the day my dad was arrested but she is having serious problems giving up cigarettes. All the guilt trips in the world from my sister and me have ZERO effect. [sigh]
Today is going to prove to be a rather boring Wednesday. I did several loads of laundry yesterday and they all need to be folded, hung, and put away. Baskets upon baskets. After the day I spent organizing my mom's closets and drawers, I refuse to let it get out of hand. However, I woke up with a nasty sort of headache and I'm waiting for my medicine to kick in before I get started on any sort of strenuous chores. I'm also planning to tackle the kitchen floor (which is really kind of gross) since I finally got my electric sweeper vac from my sister's house along with the bathroom floors and toilets. (I did the bathtubs the other day.) Since I finally got my new litter scooper yesterday I won't mind scooping the litter boxes (all four of them) today as well. Most everything else is done. We cooked braised barbecue ribs, baked potatoes, corn on the cob, and Ceasar salad for supper last night and there are enough leftovers for this evening so I won't have to worry about cooking tonight.
Tonight I take my last active birth control pill. I don't have anymore refills but I do have a spare pack left. My plan is to go buy a new BBT this weekend (both of mine died after two years of gathering dust). I was also looking at buying some cheapie OPKs on eBay. I am going to monitor this next cycle or two off birth control and see how things pan out. I have a bottle of D-Chiro-Inositol that I didn't take and I am going to take that as well. Hopefully the 45 pounds I've lost in the past year and a half plus the eight months of birth control have done my body a little bit of good. Maybe I'll ovulate, maybe I won't. But I figure it won't hurt to see where my body is at. I'm trying not to let the burn of baby fever get to me. After all, it never happened naturally before, I shouldn't allow myself to get all hopeful that it will happen naturally now. I have looked up pricing for injectables and things. They are covered under our prescription insurance, thank the Lord, but they are not as cheap as my previous insurance. But, like I said, thank the Lord that they are covered. I know that is more than many have and I am grateful. Because $80 for a cycle's worth of Follistim is a heck of a lot better than $2,500. But paying for injectables is not my biggest worry. In two years, I had two laparoscopies to remove polyps from my uterus. The second lap found Stage II endo as well. My previous insurance had excellent coverage for outpatient surgery -- $150 copay; everything all inclusive. Our new coverage is different. Instead of a set copay, they cover a percentage. 90% if I remember right. And, again, if I remember right, my laps cost somewhere in the realm of $25k. 10% of $25,000 is $2,500. Which is a far cry from the $150 we paid before. :-/ Perhaps I'll get lucky and not need another lap. But I'm not very optimistic.
I'd better lie down now and let the Midrin work its magic so I can get started on my housework. Being a house elf isn't half bad. :) I look forward to the day when I have a baby to look after as well as a husband, Mom, five cats, and a dog. Life will be a little more complete, I think. But for now, things feel a bit more right than they did living in a garage. I am most definitely appreciative for central air conditioning. OH YES.
Wednesday, May 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
eek! 25K for a lap??? My mind boggles. Got my fingers crossed for an ovulation on the horizon....
Don't worry too much about the bankruptcy. We ended up filing Ch 13 almost 5 years ago before Craig went on disability. It allowed us to keep our cars and such for a much more reasonable amt. We should have it finished the first part of 2011 and we are so excited. It honestly was one of the best decisions we've made. My credit was already screwed, so what was 5-7 more years. It's not like I plan on getting a credit card anytime soon.
I hope things work out for you. I don't want to shell out money anytime soon for injects, but I suppose we'll just have to see what happens. My most recent lap was 25k, but my portion was from the BCBS allowed amt and not the amt the facility billed. It's still overwhelming and you know I'm pulling for you to get a BFP on your own or with minimal assistance. We are going to have our day!!
Post a Comment