So I haven't updated in a month. I haven't updated properly in longer than a month. I guess I really don't have much to say lately.
Living with my sister is going remarkably well. Sure, it's not the ideal living situation, but it's working. Right now The Monkey and I aren't really actively looking for work. I know, shame on us, but we've been enjoying each other's company and The Monkey is drawing unemployment and it's enough to pay our bills so we've both had the "why bother" attitude towards work. It's like being on summer vacation! A vacation that will soon be ending because we do need to work and find our own place to live and get back to being responsible adults again.
One of my primary concerns right now is getting some kind of medical insurance for the two of us. I've never gone this long without medical insurance. I've pretty much stopped all my meds which isn't going as well as I'd hoped. I'd hoped that being minus the stress and anxiety from my job that meds wouldn't be such an issue. I was wrong. I have spent the last week or so pretty much down and out. I sleep a lot. (Which I always feel incredibly guilty for afterwards.) I don't miss being on Lithium. I doubt I'll go back on it when I do have medical coverage again. I'm having more mood swings lately. I guess that's all to be expected being off meds.
I've been thinking a lot lately about what I want out of life. I can't say that I'm completely satisfied with not having kids because that's not true. I still want children or, at least, one child. But I'm content enough waiting until I'm 30, I guess. No point in worrying over something I have no control over. I want a house. I want furniture to put in that house. I want a good job related to my field of study. I want my husband to get a good job that he's not miserable at. I want to pay off our cars and get rid of that little bit of debt. (For the most part, we are debt free. We only have one credit card that we're paying on and our cars. Other than that, we have student loans but that's it.) I want all of these seemingly achievable goals but it seems like it's going to take forever to get there.
I'm back in school also. At first, I'll admit, that I didn't want to keep going. After my biology course I felt drained. We had a two week break afterwards and it was heavenly not having to worry about classes and assignments and grades for that two weeks. But now that I'm back at it, it's kind of nice. At least I don't feel like a complete layabout. I'm taking Principles of Small Systems. It's a computer course and it's basically repeat of a course I took this time last year so it has been remarkably easy. My standing grade is a 100%. Of course, we are only in week three. I calculated my cumulative GPA recently and found that I have a 3.79 average. I have to have at least a 3.90 to graduate Summa Cum Laude so I'm hell bent on getting straight A's from now until graduation. If I do, I should walk with highest honors. I find myself daydreaming about graduation day. I didn't graduate high school so this will be my first time wearing a cap and gown. I'm looking forward to it. 20 more credit hours to go and I'm FINISHED! It seems like so much yet so little.
Thursday, July 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
I know you can do it! I get frustrated too a lot when I look at the day-to-day of life and feel like I'm spinning my wheels. It helps me to look back over what I've done to make me feel like I'm getting somewhere. You'll be there soon... in a better place with more resources and ready to bring home that baby! GL on the job hunt.
Liss, I'm glad to see that you & The Monkey have been doing okay. I was deeply concerned that you had ended up back in the hospital. I'm glad that you are taking small steps back to *normalcy* and with each one that you surpass, you'll feel even better.
It sounds HUGE but WONDERFUL!!! You know we're here cheering you on girlie!
Post a Comment