Tuesday, June 3, 2008

all moved in... wow

So we're all moved into my sister's garage. I can't believe we did it in less than a week. If it hadn't been for Monkey's brother we would've never made it. Thankfully he sacrificed some time with his daughter and brought her along to help us move. She's such a cutie and a joy to be around. Hopefully Monkey's brother will keep coming out to hang out with us. I guess we'll see.

In the mean time, life has gotten incredibly complicated. I knew it was going to happen but I lost my job. Not good timing but when is mental illness EVER "good timing" right? The anxiety attacks just got too bad to handle. I was almost hospitalized again.

So this is my life now and it's ending one nanosecond at a time. But here are some pictures of our wannabe studio apartment in Southheat... I mean Southeast Alabama. So far, it's really not so bad. My brother in law is really enforcing privacy on the kids and has them knocking before coming in. We flipped the door knob around so now we have the locking mechanism on our side. Looks like our sex life won't be taking a nose dive after all. :P

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

6 comments:

Joy said...

I was thinking about you today and was about to email when I saw you updated your blog. Glad to hear you're ok, but I'm sorry you lost your job, too. Looks like you guys have made the best of a hard situation and have made that garage into a nice cozy home. Hopefully you'll both be able to find employment soon and can get back on your feet. I'm sorry things are so tough right now. Hang in there!

Monica said...

Liss, I'm impressed. Ya'll did a great job turning the garage into a livable area. I'm sorry about you losing your job, I know how much that really sucks. Things will work out for the better.

Love you & big hug through the computer!!

A said...

I'll join in and this can be our new buddy group! :) So sorry to hear about the job situation. Hopefully you will both be able to find work soon. Let me know if you need help with your resume. I see a few hundred a month so maybe I can be some help.

Jewels

Steph said...

I am so sorry things have been crummy lately.
You did a good job with the place though! My sister's apartment has cinder block walls and her place does not look nearly as homey as your's.
*thinking of you*

Carissa said...

My gawd you're still having sex? Well, that's certainly something to be happy about! lol

Me said...

That's like the nicest garage I've ever seen. Seriously... carpeting?!?

mmmm.... sex ...